sysCache timout not working

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Hi,
Here is my below timeout setting but when I do try to get it the cached item doesn't expire even after 3s. Can you please take a look and let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

<cacheManager xmlns="http://tempuri.org/CacheManagerCfg.xsd">
<!-- Add your custom cache configuration here --> <managers>
<!-- 
  you can define as many named caches as you want and initialize them with CacheFactory.LoadConfiguration(name) 
  Disable Performance Counter since it requires registry access.
-->
<cache name="myCache" updateMode="Up" enableStatistics="true" enablePerformanceCounters="false">
  <handle ref="sysCache" name="myHandle" expirationMode="Absolute" timeout="3s" />
</cache>
</managers>

<cacheHandles>
<!-- all available cache handles must be registered here before you can use it from managers configuration -->
<handleDef id="genericDictionary" type="CacheManager.Core.Cache.DictionaryCacheHandle`1, CacheManager.Core" />
<handleDef id="sysCache" type="CacheManager.SystemRuntimeCaching.MemoryCacheHandle`1, CacheManager.SystemRuntimeCaching" />
</cacheHandles>
</cacheManager>

my Autofac injection
        // cache manager
        builder.Register<ICacheManager<object>>
        (
            c => CacheFactory.FromConfiguration<object>("myCache")
        ).SingleInstance();
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Thanks for reporting this, there was indeed an issue with using the configuration correctly.

I just fixed the issue and checked in the changes.
Let me know if you find anything else ;)

Thanks,
MC
Marked as answer by MichaConrad on 6/16/2014 at 8:25 AM